EXPERIENCE AND JUDGMENT are the key ingredients of effective and efficient legal services to companies doing business in the U.S. and internationally.
Seeing both the trees and the forest are essential to charting a course through the thicket of federal, state and global legal concerns. With years of experience in counseling companies on their U.S. and international business activities, we provide our clients with the advice and assistance they need to navigate through these business and legal issues. Through our network of offices in Washington D.C., Maryland, Virginia, and throughout the U.S. and overseas, we are able to provide our clients with the assistance they need to do business in today's increasingly complex business environment.
We look at each of our clients' businesses from their unique perspective. Our experienced advisors work with our clients in managing the legal issues they confront, drawing on our expertise in those areas of relevance to their businesses. Here are some examples:
- We have advised and assisted U.S. and overseas clients in transactions throughout the world, including international joint ventures, infrastructure projects, greenfields investments, purchases and sales of companies and assets and privatizations.
- We have negotiated over a dozen major offshore information technology services agreements, including between Indian IT providers and U.S. Fortune 500 companies.
- We have negotiated the full array of technology transfer and related agreements, including licensing agreements, development agreements and agreements to protect vital IP assets.
- We represent companies and individuals in SEC enforcement cases and in FINRA arbitrations and court cases involving claimed violations of the federal securities laws.
- We have handled equity and debt financings, acquisitions and private venture capital.
- We regularly counsel and structure legal risk assessment, such as compliance programs to avoid violations of the myriad of criminal and civil laws to which a business is exposed.
- We understand and routinely advise clients on the U.S. federal regulatory scene as it applies to various regulated interests, including SEC financial reporting and Sarbanes Oxley, FCC telecom regulations, FTC consumer protection laws, and federal contracting regulations under FAR.
- We counsel clients on the employment law and labor law risks that lurk in business activities and regularly counsel HR departments and engage in executive employment issues.
- We advise our clients on the business tort exposures that may arise relating to issues of trade secrets, non-compete agreements, non-solicitation agreements, and tortuous interference issues
We would welcome the opportunity to be of assistance to your business.